9.16.2009

Molly-olly-oxenfree

on friday night, jason and i headed down to jersey for a quick 24 trip to meet my new niece, molly grace benson. let me just say, i am so in love. she is the smallest, sweetest, most adorable little baby ever. ever. here are a couple pictures to solidify the point:besides molly-gazing and holding and loving, we fit a lot into a very short amount of time. in the 12 hours we were awake in jersey: we met our niece, jason and justin went golfing, we ate three delicious meals, saw megan and justin's house-remodeling in progress, took a walk, saw josiah's first experience with real food (liquid rice cereal), spent time with my grandfather, got our truck fixed (the gear shifter was jammed and wouldn't shift into park), ichatted with amy and jesse, and my mom and i did a little felting. a very busy day proceeded by and followed by 6 hours driving from and back to boston. *phew.*

i[re-]learned a few things from my trip back to the Promised Land (aka south jersey):
  • i love my family. i desperately want to live closer to them, but in the mean time, i'm so glad that we are in weekend-trip-driving distance.
  • south jersey water is the best water on the planet. it's just sweeter and more refreshing and delicious than any other water anywhere.
  • i love being an aunt to all my little nephews and niece.
  • i'm getting more comfortable with babies. not quite sure where that's going to lead except that pretty soon, maternity leave will not be the only reason i want one.
  • jason is an excellent road-tripping companion.
  • i don't know what the world did before gps's.
  • despite very enticing sunday plans that would include hanging out with friends and picking apples and eating apple cider donuts, if i have a busy saturday, i cannot escape the allure of the sunday afternoon nap.
Fishy Face!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

SHE IS SO CUTE. Some babies aren't. Molly totally is. I love it! And I love all the pictures Megan has on facebook :)

I'm also digging the new layout, by the way. And I like your lessons. I agree on busy Saturdays and Sunday afternoon naps... though apple-picking would be pretty hard for me to pass up. Also, Washington water would give NJ's a run for its money, because it's totally fresh rain and mountain snow water. It's super delicious and my favorite beverage ever. Just saying.

Sorry I have been slacking with my comment posting. I shall be better! :)

Melissa said...

wow, she is really really cute!! i had a minor panic moment, because on my blog reader it just shows a couple line of the blog, and apparently the first picture in the blog. so i check in this morning to Jason holding this beautiful tiny baby and my first thought was: "wait, robin was pregnant?? did i know this? How did I not know this!?" maybe its not logical, but i've gotten used to being out of the loop. phew!

also, i will agree with you on the south jersey point. it is pretty good water. except when it blends into philly water. not as good.

Megan said...

Molly loves her Aunt Robin! When I look at her I think of you all of the time- I really think she looks a lot like your baby pictures. I'm pretty sure you'll have babies that are equally adorable (in the distant future). So glad you could come to the Promised Land, even if it's a whirlwind trip. Can't wait for you to see her again. Next month she'll be able to focus a lot better and you'll be less blob-like to her.

Love you!

Devin said...

I heart the fishy face. I want to meet her!

Robin said...

holy cow, i miss that kid. i like the fishy face, too. take that, megan. (she thought i was being mean.) and i don't know much about mountain water and yes, philly water is not a friendly add-on, but there's just something abuot jersey water. it's sweeter and more thirst-quenching than any other water in the world. m-mm good.

(and no, i'm not pregnant, nor have i ever been. as much as i would love to steal molly away and claim her as my own, she is not. so i will settle for trying to be the favorite aunt by spoiling my nephews and niece rotten and loving them to bits.)